Potato readiness ?

Hi all,

A coupla days ago I successfully installed debian on a sparc 5 and I'm left
wondering about the status of debian-sparc vs the potato freeze.
I understand that sparc support was added in slink so it's still in
it's infancy I guess.
But I wonder if sparc-potato will be ready with the other archs.

Problems I've found:

Netscape: Utter confusion, people suggest converting from rpm or
building from slink. I succeeded in building v4.5. Why are there numerous
versions that don't include the actual beast ?

---
Mule2: There's a bug report on this; it won't compile and there's no binary
available. Anybody has a solution ? It seems to be a #define problem..

---
Removing pppconfig and ppp:

dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute pre-removal script: Exec format error
dpkg: error processing pppconfig (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2

I just filed a bug report on this.
(how many sparc users need ppp by default ?)

---
Xapps:
fonts, Login.app etc need XF86Config, however Xsun doesn't use this file.
Maybe a dummy file (touch /etc/X11/XF86Config ) should be created when
installing xbase ?

---
man:
man freezes (randomly) if there is no manual page available for your search.
Anyone else experiencing this ?

gman:
Doesn't display the manpages, just blank screens. Recompiled and works ok.
---

The kernel and Xsun seem rock solid so I'd really like to see the
distribution getting more near the level of debian-x86 ;)
Just my 2jpy...

Tnx,
--
Give me Debian or pencil and paper