Re: potato success on various SPARCstations and two questions.

    am> Each one of the two pkgs asks for the other one to be
    am> installed and configured first. How can I do to install them?

Try dpkg -i firstpackage.deb secondpackage.deb. Or, preferrably, use
APT. (man apt-get)

    am> Can some of you show me the list i strictly need, a part from
    am> every wm like gnome etc.

If you use apt-get, it will automatically satisfy most
dependencies. The thing you will notice most clearly is the fact that
the X server is not from XFree86, but from Sun. The package name is
xserver-sun.

I have X configured on my SS5, and it works pretty great (except for
the fact that the darn machine only has an eight bit graphics card,
but that's not X fault..)