Re: 24bits and colors

It would be helpful to know which framebuffer you have.  Even
some that are 24-bit capable I believe are currently supported
as doing 8-bit (which is 256 colors, BTW).

Look at http://www.geog.ubc.ca/s_linux.html and see if it tells
you anything.  At worst, if you don't know what card you have,
email me the part number (something like 501-XXXX), and I can
look it up for you.