Re: glibc 2.1 is now on master in my homedir

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 10:36:58PM -0500, Steve Dunham wrote:

> > I've installed this on an Ultra5.  Seems to work fine.  Survived a
> > reboot.  Some minor problems that need to be fixed in other apps
> > (xterms end up using ttyp? instead of pts/?).  BTW, the pts stuff is
> > enabled for sparc in the 2.2.5 kernel.

> Glibc 2.1 has a problem with having the /dev/ptmx device present and
> devpts not being mounted. If /dev/ptmx is presend then create /dev/pts
> and mount devpts there or it wont work right.

I know, I've been telling people this.  But there are a few apps that
manually acquire pty's instead of using the libc functions, so they
end up with oldstyle one - it works, but isn't aesthetically pleasing.

> Do you have a non Ultra system to test this on? My ultra works fine,
> but my LX doesn't reboot (as reported by some one else aswell).

My SS20 seems to have locked up.  (After I installed the deb's I cd'd
to /proc/openprom and typed "ls".)  This may just be a kernel issue,
I'll have to wait till I get to work to find out what's wrong.  (Ping
works, tcp connections are established, but nothing comes back.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu