Re: utilizing keys (type 5 keyboard)

Davide Barbieri wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 07:56:58PM -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:
>  > One last request-- I have a friend who has a SS-1+ ..apparently the
>  > battery is dead (the .enet-addr is ALL zeroes, and it doesn't remember
>  > settings after it's powered off).. any good sources for new batteries?
>
>  You must call SUN, and ask to sobstitute the eprom, which is gone.

Hmmm, try the NVRAM chip (The thing with the CMOS in PC terms). It already
happened to IPX & IPCs. Actually, there's a way to "fix" it by soldering an
battery to the chip. Try http://www.squirrel.com or http://www.stokely.com and
look for NVRAM, Hostid Chip, there should be a reference there somewhere on this
hack.

Sun as such might not have the parts anymore, but a replacement might be get
from Electronic suppliers.