GLIBC 2.1 on sparc, a decision

Well, I've recompiled tar and it works fine with the new glibc, I assume
getty will aswell.

Question, do we want to keep this patch involved in _all_ future versions
for sparc or do we want to start getting rid of fluff now and recompile
what needs to be?

I suggest a staging area on master, that I can setup for us to test and
upload needed packages to start using this new GLIBC without keeping this
old patch involved.

There is one problem with this however. After upgrading the new GLIBC tar
is broken and this breaks dpkg. I have been told (have not tested) that
tar compiled against the new GLIBC wont work on the older. So we have a
catch 22 situation. Any solutions to this are welcome (I am going to
actually test the new tar against the old GLIBC to make sure though).