Re: glibc 2.1 in potato

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 05:45:07PM -0500, Steve Dunham wrote:
> > Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > > It's fine, I'll get it uploaded tonight.
> >
> > What kernel headers are you compiling against?  (2.1.125?)  It needs
> > to be compiled against 2.1.x or newer kernel headers.

> I'm using the 2.2.1 headers since that is the latest kernel in the
> system (and the same one that i386 was compiled against).

Ok, just double checking.  (If 2.0.x headers are used, then features
are missing.)  I had a couple of problems with the compile - I had to
define __NR_vfork (I set it to 66) in
      "sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc32/sysdeps.h " to get it to
compile (without an undefined __NR_vfork).  Apparently, this constant
is not defined in the 2.1.125 or 2.2.1 headers, even though the
syscall is on the list.

I also had to tweak the rules file to leave out lddlibc4 which wasn't
built on my machine.  (It is included by the rules file if
"HAVE_LIBC5" is defined, even though it seems to be intended for
systems that have libc4.)

Did you see these problems?

Also, a completely unrelated question: "ldbmcat" segfaults on Sparc
machines (works fine on i386).  I don't have a debug build lying
around, so I can't debug it more.  (Do you see the same behaviour?)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu