Re: glibc 2.1 in potato

At 18:49 -0500 1999-03-22, Steve Dunham wrote:
I also had to tweak the rules file to leave out lddlibc4 which wasn't
built on my machine.  (It is included by the rules file if
"HAVE_LIBC5" is defined, even though it seems to be intended for
systems that have libc4.)

I have investigated this, it is a bug either in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure{,.in} or sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc32/Makefile. configure.in includes sparc32 in the architectures that should have their ldd edited by a sed script (there is a configure variable called "ldd_rewrite_script") that adds a few lines to call the lddlibc4 helper program if necessary. However, the Makefile does not add the lddlibc4 program to that which needs to be built and installed. The other archs that use the sed script have something like the following in their respective Makefiles.

ifeq ($(subdir),elf)
sysdep-others += lddlibc4
install-bin += lddlibc4
endif