Re: setserial problems, bug submitted

On 16 Mar 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I've submitted the following bug against setserial.  If anyone on this
> list can give more pointers, or clues, or patches, please follow up to
> the bug.
>
> Package: setserial
> Version: 2.14-3
>
> >> 2) /etc/rc.boot/0setserial croaked with "Cannot autoconfigure port:
> >> Invalid argument" -- extremely minor, as those serial ports are not
> >> likely to be used for anything. If this is the same init script as
> >> in the i386 version, perhaps there should be a differnt one for
> >> Sparc?

The 0setserial script seems to include the lines:

${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/ttyS0 irq 4 port 0x3F8 skip_test autoconfig \
${STD_FLAGS}
and
${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/ttyS1 irq 3 port 0x2F8 skip_test autoconfig \
${STD_FLAGS}

which probably don't work too well on machines which assign the serial
ports IRQ 12 and addresses 0xffeeb004 and 0xffeeb000.  IRQ 3 is, moreover,
already assigned to the SCSI bus.  Shouldn't be hard to fix :-)