setserial problems, bug submitted

I've submitted the following bug against setserial.  If anyone on this
list can give more pointers, or clues, or patches, please follow up to
the bug.

Package: setserial
Version: 2.14-3

>> 2) /etc/rc.boot/0setserial croaked with "Cannot autoconfigure port:
>> Invalid argument" -- extremely minor, as those serial ports are not
>> likely to be used for anything. If this is the same init script as
>> in the i386 version, perhaps there should be a differnt one for
>> Sparc?

Enrique> Again, I know little about serial ports on Sparc, so I can't
Enrique> tell for sure if this is a bug in setserial or not, but I
Enrique> think just commenting out the AUTO_IRQ=auto_irq line will do
Enrique> the trick. Perhaps setserial should detect it's running on a
Enrique> Sparc and not try autoconfig if that's not supported in that
Enrique> architecture. Again, my vote is wishlist (or normal) bug
Enrique> against setserial.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly.  Either a bad sparc
interaction or a bad kernel 2.2.x interaction.  I'll ask if anyone on
the Debian sparc list shed more light.