Re: Problems booting Slink

>>>>> "Angel" == Angel Martin Alganza <ama@goliat.ugr.es> writes:
Angel> Hello!  I am trying to install Slink on a Sparc station and get
Angel> stuck at the boot: prompt. The documentaion does not seem too
Angel> clear to me, so that I cannot figure out what to do. I am
Angel> getting the following error message:

Angel> SILO Fatal error: Cannot read partition Illegal or malformed
Angel> device name Fatal error: Cannot read partition Fatal error:
Angel> Cannot read partition Fatal error: Unable to open filesystem
Angel> boot:

When you partitioned your boot disk, did you partition it as a Sun
disk label?  YOu have to do that....

Sorry the silo documentation in the install manual is weak -- be
comforted that the x86/lilo documentation is just as week.  I suspect
either a bad disklabel or else a misconfigured silo, which you should
be able to recover from by putting in the right silo arguments on the
prompt.