Re: Some problems after running dselect

>>>>> "Sascha" == Sascha Strauß <sstrauss@informatik.uni-essen.de> writes:

Sascha> 1) I can´t find the XF86Config file in /etc/X11 to install
Sascha> my X-Window.  But I´ve got a linked File named XF86Config
Sascha> in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.  After ls -al Debian shows me:
Sascha> lrwxrwxrwx ... /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config ->
Sascha> /etc/X11/XF86Config

You probably want one of the xserver-xsun* packages.  See the
descriptions of these packages.  These packages don't use XF86Config,
since they don't really need a config file at all (isn't sparc
hardware grand?)

Sascha>  (Where can I find a good help how to
Sascha> install the right XServer, Window-Manager etc)

Well, theoretically, http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/ -- I must say,
those pages aren't very "information rich" for users.

Sascha> 2) How can I get back my german keyboard-mapping?

According to
http://www.debian.org/releases/2.1/sparc/ch-init-config.en.html#s7.4:

  Once the system installation is complete, you'll be able to select a
  keyboard layout from a wider range of choices (run kbdconfig as root
  when you have completed the installation).