Re: Major breakage in Slink..

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 08:02:39PM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> I've just noticed a few things while installing Debian on my IPX.
>
> debhelper is missing several files (dh_list and a couple others)

Slink's debhelper isn't missing files, it's just an older version. Upgrade
to potato's debhelper.

> bug won't file bug reports

Make sure you are running the latest one from potato. Also, there appears
to be problems with -icanon on older sparc kernels, which `bug' uses.

> setserial crashes the console (bad if you're running a serial console)
> setserial tries to initialise to Lintel IRQ settings on sparc

dpkg --purge setserial

Setserial makes little sense on stock sparc systems.

> (on kernel 2.2.13) something causes a kernel panic/OOPS having to do with
> the serial ports

Haven't noticed this. Perhaps emailing sparclinux@vger.rutgers.edu would
be of more help.

> (in potato) 'login' can't change tty permissions, and man can't change its
> cat page permissions.

Login does not change tty permissions for a very good reason, mainly
security related. I'm not sure what you mean about man and it's cat pages,
I haven't noticed any problems with man at all.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '