Re: Sound on a SPARC 10

> I have a SPARC 10 here and recently acquired the speaker for the system, but
> how do I get sound with gom or some other sound mixer?  I maned and infoed
> myself silly, and could not find documentation for this particular situation
> online.

Did you look here?:

http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/sparcaudio.html

The Sparc audio subsystems don't seem to be in a very good state right now.
The version in the 2.2 kernel doesn't respond to ioctls in the way that
most Linux programs expect, so most of them break.

I'm told this has all been fixed in the 2.3 kernel series, but I have yet
to get a functioning 2.3 series kernel working on Sparc.

Eric