Re: Spacr linux: bug in autofs and nis

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 07:34:02PM +0100, Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr wrote:
> 	I have waited for almost one year now to see if nis ever
> works. Actually I have planned to convert some of Solaris machine to
> Linux, but this has been put off. I just have a small machine (SUN
> IPC) to spare just to see if Linux ever works right.

I don't know about autofs since I don't use it. But I admin a set of 3
sparc linux servers which are using NIS/NFS. The NIS master is running on
a Sparc LX, running Debian/Slink, kernel 2.2.9 (it is also a client). The
two clients are UltraSparc's running Debian/Potato, kernel 2.2.13.

Looks to me from the error that you are having a configuration problem. Is
this NIS master you are pointing to a Solaris one? If so what version of
Solaris, and what type of system.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '