Spacr linux: bug in autofs and nis

       Hi,
       I just upgrade a sparc linux system to the lastest potato
version. Now autofs no longer works. In fact the installation fail
with this mesage:

Setting up autofs (3.1.3-2) ...
/etc/init.d/autofs: line 198: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
dpkg: error processing autofs (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 autofs

       On the other hand, nis no longer hangs at installation (it is
ypbind which hangs actually) but it still dosen't works. "ypcat
passwd" yields this message:

No such map passwd.byname. Reason: Can't bind to server which serves
this domain

I have also try to ypwhich and get

ypwhich: Can't communicate with ypbind

I also try to put explicitly the name of ny nis server in the file
/etc/yp.conf, but to no avail

	I have waited for almost one year now to see if nis ever
works. Actually I have planned to convert some of Solaris machine to
Linux, but this has been put off. I just have a small machine (SUN
IPC) to spare just to see if Linux ever works right.

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23