sparc parallel printer port

Hello,

Please pardon these simple questions?  I'm trying to get my sparc to be
able to print.

How does one get a /dev/lp device in debian sparc for slink?

Does /dev/lpn device get installed when you install one of the lpr
packages?

Is it okay to make a /dev/lpn device via MAKEDEV lp?  It seems to want
to be configured for
standard pc interrupts, which I'm sure is incorrect.

Does one need to install the experimental bidirectional parallel port
option in the kernel to get printing to work?
If so, does one need to tweak the code in the drivers/sbus/char/bpp.c
file so that it has __volatile__ for every
entry in the bpp register struct?

Which of the printing packages should be used?  I noticed one of them
seems to be a BSD type package.
(Sorry, but I can't remember the name right now of it.)

John (Desperately in search of a clue) Davis