Re: Old libgmp2 problems (was Re: Why did you break my package!)

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 06:07:48PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > I never said the bug report was your fault. I only said that I would not
> > have discovered the NMU you made if it had not been for the "faulty" bug
> > report.
> >

> You are completely lying right here. You proclaimed that the problem was

Oh come on Ben, we have had a misunderstanding, that is sure, but your
insistance that the misunderstanding is all my fault is simply crap.

> my fault, and that you couldn't diff the -3 and -3.1 sources to see what I
> had changed. You are incorrect in that I didn't just change the

No, I said it was your fault for not telling me what you had done, and
that if I had been able to recover my -3 release, I could have compared
the diffs and figured out that your NMU had nothing to do with the current
bug report.

> debian/rules to add the -D. There were two changes in sparc related asm
> files.

Yet more information that you have failed to communicate.

> > ...I can no longer recover the -3 release, and figure out why your
> > release breaks the symlinks.
>
> "My" release breaking the symlinks, feh.

I'm sorry you can't read between the lines any better than that. This
sentance had an implied "or not".  What I said here was that without the
-3 release to compare against, I couldn't determine if your patches broke
the symlinks or not.

I thought I had made myself clear. It is quite simple. If you don't
communicate changes made to my packages to me in some fashion, your work
is most likely going to be trashed on the next release. It was only
through a combination of disasters and flawed bug reports that I even knew
that you had made these changes.

If you do this again, don't expect anything to last through the next
release that I make. It is just that simple.

Luck,

Dwarf