Re: Serial console on IPX (Was: Sparc serial port pinout?)

Okay, following reccomendations and my own best guessing I went out and
purchased a 'Mac to serial printer' cable and a null-modem adapter. I plug
the cables in, fire up minicom on the Lintel (set to 9600N81 as I remember
seeing in the IPX firmware), and turn on the IPX. Power comes on, the
drive spins up, but I get nothing.

Now, what comes to mind is:

Wrong cabling.

Wrong serial port settings on the Lintel.

Bad serial ports on the IPX.

IPX not using serial console.

The null-modem adapter is a standard Laplink-comatible cable. The mac
cable is a Fellowes part # 99519 (no idea about the pinout on it)

I have no 'normal' console on the IPX so I can't change settings unless I
get serial console working at this point. If I can rule out the serial
cabling I'll probably go ahead and get the keyboard and video adapters
instead.

Oh yeah, I assume the serial cable should go in port 'A', but I tried it
in 'B' anyway and didn't get anything there either.