slink on IPC: bad reboot

I've got slink running on an IPC quite well here.  One problem:
I need to run the machine head/keyboard/mouse-less,  and it refuses to
reboot without manual intervention.

It boots fine on powerup and runs like a charm.  After I type "reboot",
however,  the kernel shuts down just fine,  and at the stage where I'd
expect the new boot to begin,  I get the "enter b,c,n" for
boot/new command mode" message ... lots.  It scrolls and scrolls and
scrolls ...

I've got boot-from set right in the NVRAM (like I said,  it boots fine on
powerup).  Any clues?

					thanks,

                     					Will

|    Ever wonder why Windows doesn't come with the `uptime` command?     |
|   harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org lowe@asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |