Re: SILO probs

Jason Fraley wrote:

> I still think it has somthing to do with the sun disklabel thing
> I was getting the exact same error
> are you sure you are setting the correct type of disk ?
>
> -Jason

  # fdisk
  Disk /dev/sda (sun disk label): 9 heads, 36 sectors, 1254 cylinders
  in expert mode, it also adds the line:
  SUN0207 cyl 1254 alt 2 hd 9 sec 36
  which is the type it autodetected (s then ? for auto).
  Again, this is an SS10.

  It was suggested I try boot -s, however boot -s brings up the same
menu as
   boot -h does.
  # ls /boot
  System.map-2.2.9   config-2.2.9     old.b     silotftp.b
vmlinuz-2.0.35
  cd.b               first.b          second.b  ultra.b
vmlinuz-2.2.9

  If that helps? I had one of the debian developers look at it
physically, but he had no idea, as he's never tried to install on a
sparc.

  Cheers,

--
Kris Constable					I'm simply a packet,
Spectrum CSA - Unix Administrator               in the internet of life.