Re: Fonts on a SS1+

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 08:17:16PM -0400, Jokker wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change to the linux console font to the
> prom console font? I believe it is 11x16?
>
> thanx

When compiling the kernel, under the "General Setup" -> "Console Setup" make sure it
looks like this:

	[ ] Support only 8 pixels wide fonts
	[ ] Sparc console 8x16 font
	[*] Sparc console 12x22 font (not supported by all drivers) (NEW)
	[ ] Select other fonts

Note the 12x22 font is the one you want, it's the one I use and is definetly
easier on the eyes. Also note that it is still white text on black background
(the way a term was meant to be IMO) and not black text on a white background
like the PROM console is.

Ben