tftping an ELC

I'm trying to get my ELC to tftpboot, compiled a new kernel (2.2.6) which
works fine when booting off disk, but not over the network.  The image is
being downloaded okay, but then it just hangs ....
I have read the previous emails on a 2.2.12 not being loaded and have checked
the length is a multiple of 4 bytes and it's not gzipped.  It may not be in
a.out format, but is this necessary? and if so, how does one go about
converting an elf binary into an a.out one?

any ideas?

*wave*
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere