Error tftp'ing kernel 2.2.12

Hi all...

I've got a strange problem here:
When I start loading my kernel via TFTP (machine will be a diskless client),
everything starts ok... After the last block, the machine just stops loading,
but does NOT start the kernel. After five minutes (or so), it gives
	receive failed
and finally boots up the kernel.
A "snoop" of the loading process gives me:

    client -> server        TFTP Ack  block 2704
       server -> client     TFTP Data block 2705 (512 bytes)
    client -> server        TFTP Ack  block 2705
       server -> client     TFTP Data block 2706 (489 bytes) (last block)
    client -> server        TFTP Error: unknown transfer ID
    client -> OLD-BROADCAST TFTP Ack  block 2705
    client -> OLD-BROADCAST TFTP Ack  block 2705
    client -> OLD-BROADCAST TFTP Ack  block 2705

But: If I replace the 2.2.12 kernel image with a 2.0.35 one, to which I had
apllied the Sparc patches, booting works as usual...
And yes, I've gunzipped the kernel image and converted it to a.out ...

The client is a Sparc clone with 64 megs RAM installed.

Any clues????!!!!

Thank you for everything!! :-)))) (in advance)

	see you
		Andreas Jaehnigen