Re: Where is sparc64-linux-ld?

Ben Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 08:51:35PM +0200, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> > When recompiling a kernel with "make-kpkg --arch sparc64 ..." on an
> > Ultra5:
> >
> > sparc64-linux-ld  -r -o kernel.o signal.o ksyms.o sched.o dma.o fork.o exec_domain.o panic.o printk.o sys.o module.o exit.o itimer.o info.o time.o softirq.o resource.o sysctl.o acct.o capability.o kmod.o
> > make[3]: sparc64-linux-ld: Command not found
> >
> > Where can I find it?
>
> as root:
> ln -s ld /usr/bin/sparc64-linux-ld
> ln -s as /usr/bin/sparc64-linux-as

The next one is ar.

> The ld that comes with binutils will handle elf64, but for some reason,
> the kernel looks for ld with the sparc64-linux- prefix.

Hmm, on sparc32 arch, after I made the appropriate link, ld is giving me the
following error.

sparc64-linux-ld  -r -o kernel.o signal.o ksyms.o sched.o dma.o fork.o exec_domain.o panic.o printk.o sys.o module.o exit.o itimer.o info.o time.o softirq.o resource.o sysctl.o acct.o capability.o kmod.o
sparc64-linux-ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `signal.o' is incompatible with sparc output
sparc64-linux-ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `ksyms.o' is incompatible with sparc output
sparc64-linux-ld: warning: sparc:v9a architecture of input file `sched.o' is incompatible with sparc output
make[3]: *** [kernel.o] Segmentation fault

I have had to replace sparc64-linux-ld with this script to work:

#!/bin/sh
ld -m elf64_sparc -b elf64-sparc "$@"

Note that I just installed egcs64 from potato on a slink machine.  I didn't
upgrade binutils.  It could be the problem here.

> NOTE: if you want to build sparc64 kernels with kernel-package, use this
> format:
>
> make-kpkg --subarch=sun4u --arch_in_name ...

But you need kernel-package from potato.  Slink is still using the old style.

Regards