Re: Mod_perl and Linux/Sparc

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 07:33:32PM +0200, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> On 13/08, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> | I think that might be attributed to the dependency on another module (I
> | think it requires one of the auth modules, forget which one), or else it
> | wont start, nor will it give an error message as to why (this is for
> | php3).
>
> Why would it restart then?

Don't know for sure.

> Another question: where can I find /usr/lib64/* files? I tried to recompile
> ssh because it does not work at all on my Ultra5, and it still gets me
> the same error (loop in crypto routines). I wanted to try it in 64 bits
> mode (maybe it's stupid), but egcs64 does not contain /usr/lib64/crt1.o.

There isn't a working mainstream 64bit environement yet. The reason ssh
doesn't work is because of a broken libgmp2 currently in the sparc/potato
dist. This is due to the patch in the previous version (fixing this
problme once before) not being incorporated by the libgmp2 maintainer. I
thought some one had already done and NMU, but since it hasn't been done,
I'll add it to my todo list for this weekend.

Ben