Re: Want to get 2.2

"Timothy S. Gallagher" <tgallagher@carolina.rr.com> writes:

> I've got debian 2.1 on my Sparc 5, which is amazingly stable, allbeit
> slow.  I miss gnome 1.0, however, and was considering just downloading
> all of debian 2.2 at home (Sparc box is at work), burning it to CD, and
> taking it to work (don't worry, I've got a really fast connection at
> home).  Question is, since it won't all fit on one CD, how do I lay out
> the CD's?  I'm not sure if there are any pointers on how to create your
> own distribution CD's from the FTP site.  I'd really like to get
> current.

Uh, I dunno if there's a good answer for you until we have potato CD
images.  I guess you could ask debian-cd?

Otherwise you could upgrade apt then run apt in the download only
mode, then archive /var/cache/apt/archive, doing manual chunking to
get it to fit on a CD.  Then you could put the files in your target
machines /var/cache/apt/archive and it should use those files instead
of downloading...