Re: offline for a month

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> I cannot connect from my home anymore, therefore I'm not be able to work on
> boot floppies now (all I can do is just reading my emails from my office).
> Moreover I will be on holidays tomorrow evening and will be offline for one
> month or so.

Ugh, too bad.

> Feel free to upload a slink release of bootdisks for sparc if you need to.
> BTW, it could be wise to use 2.2.9 kernel from potato, but it requires to be
> recompiled first with the following features enabled:
> - iso9660 (not in module ;)
> - rarp, bootp
> - nfsroot for sparc32 at least (I guess nfsroot is not required/wanted for
>   sparc64)
> - PCI support disabled for sparc32 (kbd conflicts between PS/2 & Sun styles
>   otherwise)

Can you email me or the list the .config file you used fro the 2.2.5
based build you did before?

Is it safe to build it on a potato system?  I would guess not....

*sigh* It's very difficult for me to build a new boot-floppies since
my link right now is so slow (28.8) and I'd need to reinstall slink I
think.  If anyone else wants to step forward, that would be great,
otherwise, I'll make the attempt in a week or so.