Re: SUN MONITOR MANUAL WANTED!!

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:04:19 +0200, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> Please answer directly to Marco.Fioretti@tei.ericsson.se,
> since I am not subscribed to these lists: I just need a
> one time feedback from knowledgeable owners of SUN hardware,
> as you SPARC LINUX guys certainly are :-)

[snip]

>From my bookmarks file:

* Description of the monitor, plus pinouts, connectors, cables and video
  cards:
  http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sun/sun67.html

* Sun 1152x900 timings:
  http://Home.InfoRamp.Net/~poynton/notes/short_subjects/comp.graphics/Sun_1152x900_timing

* Connecting a HP monitor to a PC, made by a friend of mine. Much of this
  page also applies to Sun, SGI, and DEC because they just use OEM Sony
  monitors. With this knowledge we have been able to connect an SGI GDM
  20D11 monitor to a PC, although we had to make a special cable. The
  "links" section might be of interrest:
  http://historia.et.tudelft.nl/~marcj/fixed_freq/

BTW: The 13W3 connector *is* standard, but the pinout *is not*! Be careful
that you have a VGA --> 13W3 connector for Sun, the ones for NeXT, SGI,
and PowerPC won't work.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl