SparcServer 1000e Problems

Well, I finally got Debian on this thing and it seems  fairly stable if
I only configure one of the happymeal ethernet ports. With both cards up
with separate IPs on different subnets (we want to put squid on it) I
can get it to crash pretty easily. If I connect via XDMCP and run
Enlightenment I get a pile of error messages.

eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Error interrupt for happy meal, status = 00000021
eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Error interrupt for happy meal, status = 01000021
eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Error interrupt for happy meal, status = 00000020
eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Error interrupt for happy meal, status = 00010021
eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Error interrupt for happy meal, status = 00000020
eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Error interrupt for happy meal, status = 02000120
eth0: Happy Meal receive FIFO overflow.
eth0: Resetting...
eth0: Link is up using internal transceiver at 100Mb/s, Half Duplex.

If both cards are plugged into the same hub I get these messages on both
interfaces until I kill the connection from my client or the system
reboots.

I also can't get it a custom kernel to boot. I've just been using
make-kpkg to build them and dpkg to install them. Is there something
else I need to do? It says it's uncompressing the image and then I get a
watchdog reset.

One of my co-workers is threatening to load Solaris back on it if I
can't get it to work soon.

Thanks,
Steve Rothanburg
srothan@soc.lib.md.us