Re: MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SPARC CDS

[ftpmaster cc:ed]

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Steve Dunham wrote:

>Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
>> I've just started doing a new set of official sparc images on
>> cdimage.debian.org and things are failing all over the place. I've checked
>> up and the binary-sparc directories are full of sym-links to sid. Can
>> somebody please explain this? At the moment this makes it impossible to
>> make CDs...
>
>Talk to the ftp guys.  I complained about this weeks before the
>release of slink.

This is a mess. And it means the sparc CDs we gave away at the Linux99
event last weekend are potentially badly broken. Is there any reason for
the stable release tp have sym-links into unstable at all???

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,