Re: happy meal card

David Lew <dlew@jps.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to use a happy meal 10/100 card in an IPC.
> I get the message Fry guys.happy meal: Transceiver and a coke please.
> during boot up and whenever I try to ifconfig eth0
> any ideas? thanks

"Transceiver and a coke please" means that the driver could not
figure out your trasceiver type (internal/external). Is it
possible to plug in an external transceiver, and if so, does it
work any better if you try it?

An Ultra10 we have here says this during the boot when an RJ45
cable has been plugged in:

eth0: Link is up using internal transceiver at 10Mb/s, Half Duplex

> David Lew

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland