Re: Setting the clock

> Sorry if this thread's getting a little long, but for the price of the
> chip and ease of fitting I wouldn't suggest it's worth the effort.
>
> Then again, if you're the sort of person who's trying to set up Linux on
> a Sparc...

If your machine is on a network, consider using xntp3 to keep its time
set correctly.

(My SPARCstation 2 uses NTP to set its time from another Debian
machine. On that machine I had to edit /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh to stop
it from running hwclock --systohc at shutdown. I don't think the
default should be to run hwclock --systohc except where the system
clock is known to be set accurately ... (By the way, If anyone knows
how to get xntpd to use a non-priviledged port for its queries, please
tell me. I would like to be able to query through a firewall ... (But
this is off-topic here ...)))