Re: nis

> Yes, I have the exact same problem, and I was (incorrectly) told that
> ypbind-mt 1.4 fixes this, but I guess it doesn't.  I'm fortunate in
> that my NIS server is on the same subnet, but I'm still forced to use
> -broadcast -debug to force ypbind to work at all.  Even then, it
> starts running away and eventually using up 100% of the CPU if I also
> don't specify the -no_ping option.
>
> So, the SPARC version of the nis package is still broken.

Here you are a quick and dirty fix.
The ypbind can't bind to the server specified throught the ypserver
directive (the directory /var/yp/binding is empty), so after launching
ypbind put into /var/yp/binding two files domainname.1 and domainname.2 (i
gathered them from another nis client even intel).
Good luck

--
To die - takes justa little while -