sun4m and slink

I have a 630MP, and have constant problems with apt.  It always crashes,
leaving incomplete setups.  I am using a 2.2.1 kernel.  Would trying
potato on this system fix the problem?  Or maybe a new kernel?  Any help
would be appreciated.

Andrew

Remember, never ask a geek "why";
           just nod your head and back away slowly...

The last can coneive no otherwise of this opinion, that as a kind of
metaphysical lunacy, and conclude that too much learning is apt to make
men mad; and that the man who seriously entertains this belief, though in
other respects he may be a very good man, as a man may be who beleives
that he is made of glass; yet, surely he hath a soft place in his
understanding, and hath been hurt by much thinking.
		-Thomas Reid