Problems with a disk in sparc10

Hi,

I have been running sparclinux for almost two years in my old sparc station 10
which is six years old. Two days ago, syslogd begun to cry, panic and send
messages to the console complaining about severe I/O erors in the first hard
disk. I could not halt the machine since some of the daemons were involved
with files in the disk. I killed as many processes as I could. I tried to sync
(sync hanged, this was WRONG, I know). Then I try to shutdown, reboot,
telinit, everything... I ended up with L1-A and halting the machine this
didnt work either. Finally I turn the switch off.

I am now trying to fsck the partitions (with e2fsck from last debian rescue).
No luck. Everything goes fine in the second disk, but e2fsck is not able to
repair the partitions, and it takes a lot time: e2fsck -fcy /dev/sda*

I was thinking of buying a new disk, but I cannot find SCSI II disks in Spain.
Shall I go to UltraWide SCSI or what else?

Any help, hint, ...  will be extremely appretiated.

	Andres

Andres Marin Lopez			Dr. Ing. de Telecomunicacion
Area de Ingenieria Telematica		E-mail: amarin@it.uc3m.es
Dpto. Tecnologia de las Comunicaciones	Tel: +34 91 624 99 47
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid	Fax: +34 91 624 94 30/65
Avda de la Universidad 30		http://www.it.uc3m.es/~amarin
Leganes 28911 (Madrid), SPAIN