Problem installing on a sparcbook 3GX

I'm trying to install from floppies on a sprcbook 3GX.  The first floppy
(rescue floppy) boots up ok and them I'm asked for the root floppy.  when
I insert the root floppy and press enter I get the message

"request_module[block-major-2]: Root fs not mounted"

if i press enter again I get same message followed by

"kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 02:00"

My floppy drive is a scsi2 floppy drive connected via cable and has id of
five.  I wonder if it's looking for the kernel module for this floppy
drive that it doesn't have access to.

Is there anyone who might able to help me out with this problem?