Re: Broken loop device

Andreas Jaehnigen wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> thanks for the reply...
>
> >   sorry for the late reply, I was too busy to read all my emails last week :-(
> >

> But you know: It's never too late! :-)
>
> > How many memory is installed in your SLC ?
>
> You've got the problem! :-)
> It has only 8 megs installed - somewhat tiny, hm? :-(
> In the meantime, I figured out what you've been writing and I'm trying to get done with a (temporarily) installiation onto a local disk. Unfortunately, the SLC hangs (again!!) during filesystem creation, seems to be tight on memory again.
> But how can this happen? I succesfully managed to create a swap partition (about 128 megs)...

Is your swap space really available ?  (look at /proc/meminfo)

I'm sorry but I don't have any further ideas :-(
I don't promise you I will have time to work on it, but I will try to install
on a low memory system (after I removed some memory banks out of one of my
sparc) to see what happens exactly...

Regards.