openboot, silo, and partitions

Ok, After getting a sun 630 MP (quad processor), I stuck in a small 500 MB
drive to replace the huge drives that came with it.  After some fussing, I
installed linux on it.  The manual was quite good, except it mentioned
nothing of sun disk labels.  neither did fdisk.  this disk had previously
been in a novell server, so it had never seen a sun.  My question is, how
do I now create a sun disk label without destroying every thing?  I would
like to be able to boot off the hard drive.  Also, although the kernel
detects 4 cpus, it only uses one.  Is the stock kernel not built with SMP?
Is 2.2.6 workable with out any patchs on the sparcs?

Thanks

Andrew

Remember, never ask a geek "why";
           just nod your head and back away slowly...

The last can coneive no otherwise of this opinion, that as a kind of
metaphysical lunacy, and conclude that too much learning is apt to make
men mad; and that the man who seriously entertains this belief, though in
other respects he may be a very good man, as a man may be who beleives
that he is made of glass; yet, surely he hath a soft place in his
understanding, and hath been hurt by much thinking.
		-Thomas Reid