Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 11:51:28PM -0700, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Ben> Ok, I've recompiled glibc 2.1.1 with a cvs checkout from
>     Ben> today. Seems to work pretty well on my ultra. The problems
>     Ben> that you and I experienced have gone away (apt-get works
>     Ben> again). Now I just need some kind and brave soul to test it
>     Ben> on a sun4m :)
>
> Well, that was special.  Your package locks my SS5 170MHz solid on
> reboot.  init loads but never gets off the ground.  BTW, this was on a
> completely up-to-date unstable system.

Welp, then the problem still exists, since it works on sun4u and sun4c,
but still wreaks havoc on sun4m.

Were you able to get the old libc packages reinstalled? If not email me
and I can send you the quick howto.

FYI, since I used the latest cvs, I didn't use the vfork patch. I will
try it this time, and see again.

Thanks

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation