Re: kernel-package rules file patch for UltraSparc

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 11:02:09AM -0400, Steve Dunham wrote:
> Argh.  Forgot about that. Bug in egcs64 package that I fixed locally
> with a symlink.  I'll add this to the egcs64 package if I can't find a
> better solution.
>
>   install -d /usr/sparc-linux
>   ln -s ../lib /usr/sparc-linux/lib
>
> A bug report should be filed against egcs64, if it hasn't been filed
> already.

While on the topic of egcs64, I'm about to upload a newer one based on
the latest egcs cvs (I'll trim the source as much as possible). It
compiles the kernels still, better yet I actually have a 64bit libc.a
(glibc 2.1.1pre1) and compiled a simple source file with and it works.
Dynamic libraries aren't working due to a lack in a certain part of
egcs's TARGET_ARCH64 defines. The main difference is that this is
compiled as a cross sparc32->sparc64 compiler.

I'm still working on this. I'm also wondering if anyone has anymore
feedback on glibc 2.1.1 on non-sun4u systems. I am still unaware of
what is causing init to fail, and still haven't gotten my 1+ setup so
am unable to test it right now. Until we get that solved we are stuck
with 2.0.105.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation