Re: kernel-package rules file patch for UltraSparc

Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org> writes:

> Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> writes:
> Did all that, but now I get:

> rm -f kernel.o
> ld -m elf64_sparc  -r -o kernel.o signal.o ksyms.o sched.o dma.o fork.o exec_domain.o panic.o printk.o sys.o module.o exit.o itimer.o info.o time.o softirq.o resource.o sysctl.o acct.o capability.o kmod.o
> ld: cannot open linker script file ldscripts/elf64_sparc.xr: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [kernel.o] Error 1

> Clue for me?

Argh.  Forgot about that. Bug in egcs64 package that I fixed locally
with a symlink.  I'll add this to the egcs64 package if I can't find a
better solution.

  install -d /usr/sparc-linux
  ln -s ../lib /usr/sparc-linux/lib

A bug report should be filed against egcs64, if it hasn't been filed
already.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu