Re: glibc 2.1 is now on master in my homedir

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 09:08:45AM +1000, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > This isn't the problem. modprobe is locking up.  Whenever a module is
> > autoloaded, the system locks up.  The last thing modprobe does is:
> >
> >   SYS_66(
> >
> > Which should be a 'vfork()'.  I'm not entirely sure what is going
> > wrong here.  In the kernel vfork calls exactly the same code as fork
> > (although the entry code is different in sparc64).  I would suspect a
> > kernel problem, but the older version of libc works.
>
> sparc32 vfork has been broken until very recently. It should be fixed
> in the cvs tree.

I just did a cvs up yesterday and had the same problem still. I will
try again when I get this sparc 1+ running since I can't afford to test
on an active server any more.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation