Several problems with fresh installation

Hi,

I'm and Linux addicted since kernel 1.2.x and a Debian addicted since
"bo" days. Recently I got my hands in a sparc that I could play with,
and I decided to try slink on it. After a non-problematic
installation, the sistem looks nice. I can run emacs, xdm, netscape
(install by hand), rsh to and from, etc.

But, I ended up with some packages that refuse to configure. I thought
on reporting the bugs with "bug", but "bug" will exit without getting
into any text editor, after I type the "one line description", without
any message...

So, I decided to write you folks.

The packages I have problem with configuring are lynx, dhelp,
doc-linux-html and nis. Follows the errors. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

venus:~# dpkg --configure lynx
Setting up lynx (2.8.1-3.1) ...
Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish(forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)
/var/lib/dpkg/info/lynx.postinst: line 17:   653 Segmentation fault
  dhelp_parse -a /usr/doc/lynx
dpkg: error processing lynx (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139
 lynx

venus:~# dpkg --configure dhelp
Setting up dhelp (0.3.11-0.1) ...
Building HTML tree .../var/lib/dpkg/info/dhelp.postinst: line 16:
659 Segmentation fault      /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse -r
dpkg: error processing dhelp (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139
 dhelp

venus:~# dpkg --configure doc-linux-html
Setting up doc-linux-html (98.09-1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/doc-linux-html.postinst: line 6:   706 Segmentation
fault      /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse -a /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/
/usr/doc/HOWTO/ /usr/doc/FAQ/
dpkg: error processing doc-linux-html (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139
 doc-linux-html

venus:~# dpkg --configure nis
Setting up nis (3.3.1-1) ...
 Your system is not yet configured as a NIS client. Please read
 /usr/doc/nis/nis.debian.howto.gz to find out how to configure your
system.
Setting NIS domainname to: info-objects.com
Starting NIS services: ypbind

(it stops here until I CTRL-C it).

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                Computer Engineer
zorzella@iname.com