Re: Missing Sparc packages in the last packages

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Seriouslsy, what package which Provides: www-browser (chimera2 does not, does
> anyone know why?) could be installed in the basic installation? It has to be
> something usable, not an experimental toy. (chimera2 says 'This is an
> alpha-test version'.)

I have given this issue some serious thought, and experimentation.

IIRC, amaya, arena and chimera all work fairly well on non-frames sites.
I think one of them even managed slashdot (I can't remember which).

I almost got as far as a) starting to work for mnemonic or express or b)
starting my own browser (as James has :-), when a friend of mine expressed
the opinion that mozilla is actually jolly good, and will be with us
shortly.

So, I put the whole worry on hold, pending a reasonably stable functional
DFSG-free mozilla either appearing, or becoming clearly vapourware.

Jules