Re: sparc hardware added to boot-floppies Installation Manual

Steve Dunham wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>
> Eric, I've come up with the rules file magic to generate both sparc32
> and sparc64 kernels from the same source package.  (It generates
> kernel-image-2.2.x-sparc64_*, then generates a complete set of
> packages for the sparc32 architecture.)

Wonderful :-))
Could you send me both kernel-image packages ? [1]
I just build a 2.2.0 test kernel but I'm not sure of the options I chosen and
I don't have time to rebuild a new one right now.
Just to be sure: don't forget to enable NFSROOT, BOOTP, RARP, LOOP, ISOFS,
SCSI CDROM SERIAL CONSOLE & PROCFS at least ;-) [2]

Thanks in advance.

[1] either send me an ftp address or upload them to my ftp site
    ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/Linux/debian/sparc/Incoming

[2] limit your kernel size to no greater than 1.5MB uncompressed.
    I was not able to load an initial ramdisk using a 1.6MB kernel because it
	is destroyed by kernel memory allocations at starting time (due to the
	method silo is using to load initrd in memory).