Net boot with tftp

I am doing some work on "Diskless XTerminals"
(http://people.delphi.com/sjc/linux)
I decided to give it a try with my SUN IPC.
To do this I need a custom kernel so I built one with NFSROOT and bootp
both on.

I did a make vmlinux in the kernel TLD mostly because I have found
"make zImage" and "make bzImage" to NOT work on the Sparc :( and
when i built my custom kernel (which I am currently using) on the sparc
I did a "make vmlinux" to make it...

I rdev'd it to use /dev/nfs and placed it in /boot/ then made the
proper sym link so that my IPC could find it...
I used the exact same name as tftpboot.img used when I installed
Debian on my IPC...used the same IP adress et al

I type "boot net" on the IPC and it loads the image....I see the hex numbers
scroll up then it stops (like it finished loading) then it just sits there

am I doing this wrong?

I thought if I just built a kernel and placed it there it would load? is
tftpboot.img really anything more than a kernel and a initial ram
disk?

any help is apreciated

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"