Still booting "blue" :(

sigh...I just don't get it...
ok here is my current setup:
Sun IPC with 1 hard drive (ID 3...the prom is set to look for ID 3 first)
I tftpboot'd and installed with the install disks, everything
worked fine. I didn't play with the kernel modules or anything
I have 3 partitions...
1 (950 MB) Linux native (/)
1 swap (the rest of the 1 gig drive)
1 "Sun Whole Disk" ..um..whole disk (this is NEW...I have had exactly
the same symptoms without this Sun Disklable partition)

The system comes up...and comes to SILO
I hit enter...and get
"Uncompressing Image"...it then takes abotu a minite...
then it stops and the screen clears to a solid blue screen.
After this nothing...it just hangs forever (I have had it on now at this
screen for over an hour)
any ideas on why? suugestions? need more info?
I know very little about these SUNs right now (tho I am learning
my way around the boot prom)

making progress...a week ago I wasn't even this far...soon...soon

-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"All authority is quite degrading."