Re: New boot disks work!

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

:
:
: On Wed, 27 May 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:
:
: > Hmm, I've got a Netra I5 (headless) and I'm using the 25May disks to no
: > avail.  It doesn't matter whether I pass a console parameter or not; the
: > system won't accept input when it asks for a disk change.
: >
: > Any ideas?
: >
:
:
: Mine is an older model Netra.  I2 I think.  Could there be some subtle
: difference in the BIOS or moral equivalent?  Could the terminal emulator
: you're using make a difference?  These are just wild guesses I'm afraid.
: :-(

I did get it to work using some creative thinking.  I created a small
partition, installed RedHat on the main partition, booted into RedHat,
untarred root.tar.gz onto by small partition, rebooted to the rescue
floppy and specified my small partition as the root.  Viola, an install
screen (and no more "Insert root floppy and hit enter ...)

I think I've managed to hose things up already, but hopefully it's
recoverable.  I'm doing this for fun, anyway :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104