Re: hamm freeze

>>> I don't know if it's a problem with initgroups() or
>>> getgroups(), but I get "cespedes root" when using `groups' (it should
>>> be just "cespedes").  Does anyone else suffer this?
>
>> Same here. It appears to be at least affecting initgroups, since I do
>> get permissions for the root group (even though I'm not listed in it).
>
>I can't reproduce this with neither libc-980220 nor libc-980311 on intel.
>
>What's your entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf for groups?  Are you using
>nscd (NSS Caching Daemon)?

group: db files

no nscd.

>On which libc version is this sparc release based?

It's based on the 980301 snapshot.

>> I'm also having problems with programs dying with SIGFPE when trying
>> to do floating point math. I haven't looked in to exactly what it
>> affects yet, but it was the cause of the perl errors I spoke about
>> yesterday.
>Did your glibc pass the test math/test-fenv without any failures?

It had 11 failures (missed it when I ran the tests earlier). Output
follows.

Regards,
/Anders

Test: Initially all exceptions should be cleared
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Rounding direction should be initalized to nearest
  Pass: Rounding mode is TONEAREST.
Test: feclearexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) clears all exceptions
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: feraiseexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) raises all exceptions
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_DIVBYZERO: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INVALID: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_INEXACT: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is not set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_UNDERFLOW: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: set flag, with rest not set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: clear flag, rest also unset
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is not set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is not set
  Pass: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: set flag, with rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is set
Test: Set/Clear FE_OVERFLOW: clear flag, leave rest set
  Pass: Exception "DIVBYZERO" is set
  Pass: Exception "INVALID" is set
  Pass: Exception "INEXACT" is set
  Fail: Exception "UNDERFLOW" is not set
  Pass: Exception "OVERFLOW" is not set
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_DIVBYZERO) is called.
  Pass: Process received SIGFPE.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_DIVBYZERO) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_INVALID) is called.
  Pass: Process received SIGFPE.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_INVALID) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_INEXACT) is called.
  Pass: Process received SIGFPE.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_INEXACT) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process received SIGFPE.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_NOMASK_ENV) processes will abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process received SIGFPE.
Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
      when feraiseexcept (FE_OVERFLOW) is called.
  Pass: Process exited normally.

11 errors occured.
Exit 1

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40